Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Let Us Give Thanks

At about 6:50 am Wednesday morning while at work, I went to the pantry to wash out my cup and saw one of the maintenance men. He asked if I was working on Thanksgiving  I said no. He wasn't either. Then he said he was thankful to have a job," Many people are out of work," I replied; " Too many."
I recall a time when I was out of work for a long period until I became desperate and decided that I was going to find work even if it was as a  messenger. On day in 1989, I bought a newspaper to check out the classifieds. As I sat down  I had a vision, a door opened and I saw myself in Wall street.  Looking through the ads I found a messenger position with a company on John Street. I began working there and have not been unemployed since.
I am thankful for many things; my father who is 79 years old and in good health, I had a birthday last week, I am in good health, have a good job in a great location.
I have a good family and friends for whom I am thankful.  None of this could be possible if it had not been for the grace and mercy of the Lord. He helped me through many difficult times and he continues to help me. I give him all the glory and the praise. He makes it all possible.
As we enter this day of Thanksgiving, let us FIRST give thanks to the One who made all things possible. 

Matthew 11:28  Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
2 Samuel 22:50  Therefore I will give thanks unto thee, O LORD, among the heathen, and I will sing praises unto thy name.
Psalms 69:30  I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving.

1 comment:

  1. And they all said AMEN! Have a great weekend and keep on waking in Faith!!

    ReplyDelete